Illusion


I think using Photoshop has made me immune to certain optical illusions. In this one I see all the men as the same size. I remember looking at this picture before, and seeing them as different sizes, but that's not the way it seems to me anymore. I perceive them as identical 2D cutouts sitting on a picture of a hallway.

This was from an interesting article. If I asked you: How much would you be willing to pay to save the lives of 100 children in Africa? You would name a certain amount. But if I asked you: How much would you be willing to pay to save the lives of 10,000 children? You would name the same amount. In fact, it would be close to the amount you would pay to save the life of one stranger child. It's only when the three questions are asked together do you give answers that would pay more to save the 10,000 than the one.

Comments

Popular Posts